Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Can't Please Everyone

Sometimes, it just sucks having your parents divorced, especially when you feel like you're ditching one for the other. I know the majority of kids have divorced parents, and that mine have been divorced since I was in 3rd grade, but it never really bothered me until now. Christmas Eve. Who to spend dinner with? I spent Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, so I told my dad that I would spend Christmas dinner with his family. Besides, my mom was supposedly 'working' on Christmas Eve. I come home and what do I hear? "Your aunt and uncle are coming over tomorrow for Christmas dinner." Great. I already told my dad I would spend it with him, and I wasn't going to go back on my word, so my mom would just have to deal with it. Then I realized my mom doesn't have much family here. In fact, her gigantic family lives in Orange County, so if I left her, she'd be by herself when my dad would still have his entire family here in SJ. What to do? I spent it with my dad like I promised. My mom was kind of sad and immature, but I spend everyday with the woman. I hardly see my dad. And that was that. I opened all of my presents, and I'm quite happy with what I received. Chestnut Uggs, fur jacket from Roxy, jackets, ninja turtle t-shirt, maccosins, the fourth sequel to Twilight: Breaking Dawn, and $$. What more could I ask for? You can't get all you want in life, and I'm pretty content with what's in mine. Merry Christmas everybody!